Become a Volunteer
Become a Volunteer
Just an hour of your time can make a difference!
Do you enjoy…
- Working wtih seniors
- Working with other dedicated volunteers
- Educational opportunities
- Serving your community
- Making a difference?
Perhaps volunteering with Senior Care Volunteer is just what YOU need. Click on the link below to open & submit your volunteer application form packet online:
Online Volunteer Form
Senior Care Volunteer Network
We keep you within your community, or if you are willing, we can have you make the long commutes. Life-long friendships can develop as you befriend your needy seniors. All days/all times available and will fit into your flexible schedule. Our drivers tell us they are motivated by things of the heart, and they receive more than they give. Our volunteers receive secondary insurance, training, support, and mileage reimbursement if requested. Call today. We accommodate your schedule.
Planning and Scheduling Center
There are several areas of expertise that are valued in our planning and scheduling center: data entry, customer service calls, telephone assistance, filing, organizing. Please contact us for details. Call for current openings.
Seniors may still be able to maintain their indoor living environment, but with their yards they need assistance. YOU can make a difference. Why not call us, and bring your buddies too! Groups are always welcome. Spring and Fall are especially needful times.
Companionship – Friendly Visits, Phone Calls
The largest epidemic facing seniors is loneliness. You can help stay off this epidemic by visiting with a senior.
Senior sitting is really what respite care entails. Reading to or playing a game – no hands on or medical skills needed. Just provide relief to a 24 hour care giver, usually a spouse, who needs time away. Give the blessing of your time.
Senior Care Volunteer Network Offers Volunteers
- Flexibility: You volunteer as it suits your schedule, which can vary from week to week. No minimum hours required.
- A supportive work environment: Our support staff is available to orient, coach or assist you.
- Mileage reimbursement: We offer mileage reimbursement to help defray the costs of fuel. For those who do not request a reimbursement, the IRS allows volunteers to write off miles driven, check with your tax consultant to determine your eligibility.
- A rich and rewarding life experience: Our volunteers tell us that their interface with older persons is enriching.
Note: For the protection of SCVN care receivers a background check is conducted on all prospective volunteers, including a driving record.
For more information on how you can benefit yourself, while benefiting SCVN call 815.455.3120 or submit this online form below.