We are the largest medical equipment loan closet in McHenry County. Items are donated and then recycled back out to those in need. We ask that all donations are cleaned, sanitized and good or better condition. There is no time limit for use, but we respectfully ask that when the item is no longer needed, the borrower returns the item/s back to us in the same condition it was borrowed. We are happy to provide donation receipts for all donations of equipment.
Equipment loans include only items that can be cleaned, sanitized and easily maintained. We do not loan equipment that requires electricity or batteries to operate.
Most common loaned and donated items:
Bedside commodes (disposable buckets or shields are not accepted, but they are available upon loan with a donation of $5.00 to cover the cost of the item)
Shower chairs or benches
Canes, quad canes, and sometimes hurri-canes
NOTE: We do not have, nor take donations for- hospital beds, lift chairs, scooters, or other mechanical items. if you have an item that we do not take, or are in need of one, contact us and we can try to connect you to those resources.
- Anyone is eligible to borrow equipment from our loan closet
- All equipment will need to be picked up at one of our locations as delivery or pick up of equipment is not a service our volunteers provide
Borrowing is EASY!
- Give us a call at (815) 455-3120 to confirm we have the item or items you are looking for before you make the trip.
- Every loan will require the borrower to fill out a Loan and Return Agreement form. If you are picking up for a friend or family member, you will need to fill out the form on their behalf. You can also download the form and bring it in when you come to pick up your loan
- Return the loaned equipment when finished to the location you borrowed it from or to the Crystal Lake office. Please be sure to clean, sanitize, and return your items in a timely manner so others can benefit from this wonderful service. We reserve the right to refuse donations or returns if they are not fully cleaned and sanitized or in good or better condition.
Senior Care Volunteer Network does not charge for medical equipment loans but donations are gratefully accepted.
SCVN - Crystal Lake
Monday through Friday
9:00am to 3:00pm
McHenry Township Office
Monday through Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm